Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting Back in to the Groove

After 2 weeks of traveling, 1 of which was at an all-inclusive resort in Mexico, I'm ready to get back into a healthy eating and fitness routine. Even though I was able to use a few of my tricks for working out while on vacation, such as taking advantage of the hotel gym and running along the beach, I still ate like food was going out of style. Dessert with every meal, why not? A few extra Pina Coladas, I'll take them? My philosophy in Mexico was that I may as well enjoy the trip and not worry about anything. One week of indulgence never hurt anyone, but now it's time to get back on track. Since I'm a planner, here is my game plan for the next week:

Workouts
- Bike commuting every day
- Run 2 times this week
- Weights 3 times this week











Eating
I don't like having rules when I eat but this week I'm going to use a few stand-bys:
- Eat 6 meals per day (3 main + 3 mini)
- Up my protein intake with each meal
- Lots and lots of fruits and veggies (I'm aiming for 5-6 per day)
- Drink lots of water (around 6 glasses per day - I need to make up for all of those Pina Coladas somehow)







The first few day back from vacation have been feeling sluggish, so hopefully this plan can get me back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment