Monday, September 12, 2011

On The Menu

Well this weekend was an interesting one. I definitely learned a lot that's for sure. I am currently studying to take a fitness theory exam (I took the classes a few weeks ago) but that wasn't all I learned. Here are a few little lessons I learned:

  • Don't go too fast with a mandolin. You may slice your thumb...
  • Don't pick up a knife from the non-handle side. You may slice your your finger....
  • I'm slightly allergic to medical tape.

Fun times. I was sure glad Bill was given free Band-Aids as a give away at the Corporate Challenge events this weekend. 

Weekly Meals
The end of the weekend also means that we figure out our meals for the week. We then put them on the  chalkboard so we don't forget (I am such a project management dork). Trust me, this planning totally helps after a long day of work. Here's what is on the menu for the week:
The key is to plan 4 meals because there is likely one day of leftovers/going out to eat. Tonight I made the Tuna Melts because they were super quick and I didn't feel like cooking much (and I didn't want to risk cutting myself again)

Ingredients:
3 Whole-wheat Dinner Rolls/Portobello Mushroom Caps
1 Tin of Skipjack Tuna, drained
1 tsp light Mayonnaise
1 tsp Red Chili Sauce
1/4 cup grated Cheddar Cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat Broiler
2. Mix Tuna, Mayo and Chili sauce in a small bowl
3. Slice dinner rolls in half
4. Spread tuna mix over each half of the rolls
5. Top with grated Cheese
6. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted

Serves: 2 

Easy-peasy. No knifes were involved (well barely).




No comments:

Post a Comment